Monday, September 17, 2012

Scarlet Spider Issue 7


Greetings all! I proudly present Scarlet Spider Issue 7, where Ben gets his ass kicked with bad puns!
-Co-creator Richard Wilson III
Spider-Man and ALL related characters are owned by Marvel Comics and Stan Lee respectively
All original characters were created for the purposes of fan fiction. This is in NO WAY connected to Marvel Comics or the ongoing Scarlet Spider title produced by Marvel.



Scarlet Spider
Issue 7
To Be Taken With a Grain of Sand
Part 2
Beach Sweep


By: Tim Ruppenthal and Richard Wilson III


Times Square, 9:25 AM

Ben: OOF!
(Ben flies back into an abandoned car, Spider Sense buzzing, while the Sandman forms in front of him)
Sandman: I learned from the last time webhead, your Spider Sense can’t help you here!
(Ben flips back, running up the wall of a nearby building)
Ben (internal): He’s right… Maybe if I distance myself from the sand?
(A giant sand wave appears and pulls Ben off of the building and into the street)
Sandman: Oh no! I ain’t letting you get away from me!
Ben: Listen, Sedimenthead, you’re OBVIOUSLY confusing me with someone ELSE!
(Ben leaps on top of a streetlamp)
Ben (cont.): I’m the Scarlet Spider and I—
(A giant fist comes from behind him and knocks him into a pile of sand)
Sandman: I don’t care which one you are; I’m still going to kill you--
(Ben slides deeper into the sand and leaps out kicking Sandman’s face as he does so)
Ben: ‘For what happened last time’? I never even SEEN YOU UNTIL 5 MINUTES AGO!
(Ben does a spinning jump kick to a fire hydrant, breaking it so the stream of water hits Sandman)
Sandman: AUGH!
(Ben webs a manhole cover and hurls it at the now drenched Sandman, while attempting to leap into the hole)
Ben: OOF!
(He hits a layer of sand, is thrown into the air and punched across the street into a music store’s drum display)
Sandman: Cymbalism’s a bitch ain’t it?
Ben: “Cymbalism”? Really?
Sandman (forming am axe out of his right hand): You think you’re the only one that can make some bad jokes?
(He swings his axe into the drum set as Ben jumps to the ceiling)
Sandman: I coulda sworn I just axed you a question!
Ben: Stop, just stop! You’re embarrassing yourself here!
(Ben’s Spider Sense suddenly flares, worse than it’s been during the entire fight, as he nearly gets impaled by sand spikes)
Ben: WOAH!
Sandman: I think you missed the point of all this!
Ben (leaping at him): I’VE HAD IT WITH YOUR CRAP SANDY!
(Ben successfully hits the Sandman, but slumps back in pain, because he made himself as thick as concrete. He picks Ben up and hurls him into the street)
Sandman: Ain’t that like hitting a brick wall?
Ben: Son of a bitch…

Above Times Square, 9:45 AM

(As Ben and Sandman fight below, a Daily Bugle Communications Helicopter soars overhead)
Newscaster: (To the pilot) Can you get us any lower? (To the camera man) Is that who I think it is?
Cameraman: You bet your life it is!
Newscaster: We’ve just found the story of the decade…


To Be Continued…


No comments:

Post a Comment