Friday, February 8, 2013

Scarlet Spider Issue 12

Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I wrote one of these... and I must apologize for these transgressions. Things have gotten out of hand with the time amount of time that's spent between the issues. Hopefully this won't happen again as we-- Wait, Tim's dead so... I have another issue to put out! Enjoy the conclusion to MY Hulk story as I call my people to get rid of this body!!

-Co-creator Richard Wilson III

Scarlet Spider
Issue 12
A Smashing Incident
Part 2
So He’s a Stereotype?


By: Richard Wilson III


Ben’s Dwelling, 1:44 PM

Ben: Banner! Get down!
(Ben grabs Banner and his bag of belongings and jumps out the boarded back window as the drone flies in and explodes)
Banner: OOF! Well, that puts a damper on things...
Ben (Looking at the smoldering remains of his home) I am going to kill him...
(Connor leaps into the alleyway)
Connor: Ben, I’m so sorry; Did you get everything you needed?

Ben (Pulling his two backpacks from the ground): Yeah, the one in my left hand is my school bag, and the one in my right has all my clothes and personal things, while my foot is about to go up your--
Banner: OKAY fellas! The point is to keep the excitement down and feet outside of rectums
Ben: Fine! We should keep moving in case more of those things show up
Banner (Looking up at the sky): I think it’s a bit late for that...
(Both Ben and Connor lookup to see 5 more drones of the same type that blew up in Ben’s apartment)
Ben: Lovely; Can’t I just once have a nice day!?
Banner: Comes with the territory kid

Connor: This is gonna suck!
Ben: Really!? You don’t say!?
Banner: Boys, focus; we need to leave now!
Ben (Throwing his bags in a nearby dumpster): Connor, grab Banner and start swinging
Connor: What about you?
Ben: I’ve got robots to destroy
(Connor grabs Banner and swings ahead as Ben leaps onto the rooftop and snags the first drone and sends it into one of the others)
Ben: That was for my house you asses!
Drone 5: HOSTILE ACTION DETECTED. ACTION: ELIMINATE THE AGGRESSOR
Ben: Aggressor? I’ll show you an aggressor!
(Ben leaps into the air as the drones shift into combat mode and begin shooting him with lasers)
Ben: Lasers!? Will you ever cease to amaze me!?
(Ben webs one of them, pulls and gets the drone other to shoot it’s compatriot, leaving 2 left)
Drone 4: SELF TERMINATION PROTOCOL ACTIVATED. REMAINING UNIT TO TRACK TARGET
Ben: ‘Self Termination’!? Not right here!
(He jumps to the rooftop and swings the drone higher into the sky where it explodes while the other transforms back and chases after Banner and Connor)

Ben: Oh that’s not good

Several Blocks Away, 1:48 PM

Connor (Seeing the explosion): That seems closer than it should be...
Banner: I’m sure we’ll be fine, except I think that tranq your friend used is wearing off
Connor: Hearing the Hulk?
Banner: Kinda; he seems less angry now, kinda confused I guess
Connor: He’s not trying to get out?
Banner: No, he’s trying to... talk!?
Connor: That’s surprising?
Banner: He’s not known for his long conversations
(SHWOOSH! The drone comes in and enters combat mode)
Drone 6: TARGET ACQUIRED. CAPTURING TARGET
Connor: No no no, no Transformers allowed!
(Connor leaps into the air, webs the nearest dumpster and drops it on top of the drone, crushing it as Ben swings in)
Ben: Fancy
Banner: Very eloquent; now we can find out who’s looking for me...
(Ben and Connor move the dumpster as Banner stoops down and inspects the remains)
Banner: Oh, this isn’t good...  
Ben: What is it?
Banner: Latverian
Connor: Latverian? Like Latveria?
Banner: The one and the same, which means there’s only one guy’s involved: Doctor Doom
Ben: Doctor Doom? Could he be more generic?
Banner: You laugh, but he’s bad news
A Mechanical Voice: That is correct Dr. Banner!
(The trio turn to see Dr. Doom standing before them)
Ben: What the hell!? Why didn’t my--
Dr. Doom: Spider sense? The moment my drones sent back data of Spider powered beings I utilized my armors sensor scrambling capabilities to jam it
Connor: Does he ever stop monologuing?
Banner: I wish I could say yes, but--
Doom: SILENCE! NONE SHALL INTERRUPT DOOM!
Ben: It just happened twice so you’re kinda off a b--
(Ben’s sent flying back by Doom’s force bolt)
Ben: OOOF!!
Connor (Leaping at Doom): Listen you! You can’t just--
(Connor’s pushed into the adjacent alley wall and held there by a containment field)
Doom: You should have taught your companions how to hold their tongue in my presence
Banner: You want the Hulk don’t you?
Doom: I merely require a substantial amount of his blood
Banner: It’s always about him isn’t it?
Doom: Yes
Banner: Okay, so what do you want? An army of him? His strength? His reflexes? Which is it?
Doom: His immortality and healing
Banner: The Hulk’s not immortal!
Doom: Isn’t he? He can survive tremendous amounts of damage and harm, as well as adapting to his surroundings
Banner (Looking as Connor struggles with his bondings and Ben begins to pull himself up): Well so can Wolverine, so I can’t--
Doom: The Wolverine cannot adapt to his environment, and he ages, while you still look the same as you did 15 years ago
Banner: So you’re saying that the Hulk, and by extension me, can live forever?
Doom: Further study is needed, though my primary analysis is sound
Ben (Finally standing): Lovely, an ego and an immortality plot... Why does this sound comic book?
Banner: Webs, don’t. I’ll handle this; I’m not going to change, so you can’t have the Hulk
Doom: I needn’t you to be willing, for like several days ago, the subsonic pulse will do it for you
Banner: A subsonic--
(Doom presses a button on his gauntlet, causing Banner to fall down, holding his head in pain)
Banner: AAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!

Connor: Banner!
Ben: DAMN IT!
(Ben leaps into the air as Banner’s arm flies up, grabs Ben’s leg and flings him at Connor)
Ben and Connor: OOMPH!
(The containment field fails and they both fall to the ground as the Hulk rises from where Banner was)
Doom: Yes, my conquest is at hand (looking at Ben and Connor), unfortunately the two of you cannot be allowed to live
Connor: Now he wants to murder us? How much more stereotyped can he get?
Doom (Deploying more drones): Hulk, dispose of them, then follow the signal
(Doom leaves, with the Hulk advancing towards them and the drones going to combat mode)
Ben: I should’ve ignored that phone call...

To Be Continued... After the Break!?

Hey, writer and co-creator Richard Wilson III here, taking a minute to thank you for reading this story. Though it might be a single credit, my co-conspirator Tim Ruppenthal feels the same and we wish to thank you for following our past stories and the others to come (and hope to expect at least 88 more of these).

And now, back to our regularly scheduled conclusion

Same Alleyway as Before, 1:56 PM

(Doom leaves, with the Hulk advancing towards them and the drones going to combat mode)
Ben: I should’ve ignored that phone call...
Connor: That’s reassuring, leave me to die!
Ben (Dodging a Hulk punch and kicking a drone out of the sky): I said “should’ve” not that was going to! It’s a hindsight thing!
Connor (Leaping onto the wall and webbing a drone): You seem to be as much of a bitch as hindsight is at the moment!
Ben: Connor, I swear to God!
Connor: Aren’t you an atheist?
Ben: Damn it!
Connor: What!? I thought it was a legitimate question!
Ben: ANYWAY, we need a way to stop the Hulk!
Connor (Dropping to the ground and diving past the Hulk's legs to avoid his punch): Where's the signal coming from?
Ben: I'd say the robots that are trying to kill us!
Connor: Is Doom really that cliche?
Ben: I dunno, but he’s been pretty obvious before!
(Ben and Connor proceed to get the drones to shoot at each other as the Hulk begins to resist and help with the destruction)
Hulk: RAAAH! Bugman and Red Bugman help Hulk! Hulk help fight Doom!
Ben: Uh, okay?
Connor: AWESOME! Team-up with the Hulk to fight Dr. Doom! How much better can this get!?
Ben: Focus... Hulk, where’s Doom?
Hulk: Doom at top of Latverian Embassy! Doom no villain there!
Ben: Well crap...
Connor: Can’t we lure him out?
Ben: … Hulk I have a plan...

Latverian Embassy, 2:18 PM

(Dr. Doom stands atop his embassy, gazing out into the streets of Manhattan as the Hulk appears, carrying the bodies of Spider-Man and the Scarlet Spider. Seeing a lack of drones, Doom activates his gauntlet and descends into the streets)
Doom: So now, the mindless Hulk is under my control! Allowing me to dissect him down to his base elements, to discover the secrets to his immortality!!
Connor (leaping out of the Hulk's arm and kicking Doom in the face): My God! He's worse than that guy on the TV!
Ben (Doing the same and punching Doom in the abdomen): Which one?
Connor (Tripping Doom to the ground): That car commercial guy from Jersey
Ben (Webbing him to the ground): He's still alive!?
Connor (Both stand over Doom): Surprisingly
Doom: How is this possible!?
Ben: Would you believe webbing in the Hulk's ears?
(Hulk reaches into his ears and pulls out wads of webbing. He then crouches above Doom and roars in his face)
Hulk: RAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
Doom (Unphased): It seems I was bested by two teenagers and a buffoon... No matter the next two mile radius should feel my wrath...
(Doom’s arms explode off along with his chest cavity, revealing a Doombot with a high explosive device)
Connor: Holy crap!
(Ben reacts immediately, making a web slingshot as the Hulk grabs the Doombot, puts it in the web strands, pulls back and launches it into the sky)
Connor (Signaling the civilians in the streets): Everybody get down!
(The Doombot explodes, raining down a cascade of metal and singed fabric)
Ben: Damn, that was a buzz kill
Connor: A robot... How more cliche could he have gotten?
Ben: He’s a stereotype
Hulk: Metal man gone, Hulk have friends
Ben: Yeah Hulk; Hulk has friends
Hulk: Hulk go, take Banner home
Connor: Bye Hulk! See you soon!
(Hulk leaps into the air and across the rooftops and out of sight)
Ben (Cracking his back): AUGH! Well, that sucked!
Connor: Yeah... Sorry about your place
Ben: It’s fine, I’ll find someplace to go for the night
Connor: Well, my family’s apartment has a spare room that you can crash in
Ben: I couldn’t do that to your folks...
Connor: They’re always talking about doing something with it, and now they have a viable opportunity to do something with it
Ben: Okay, okay lets go get my stuff from the dumpster
Connor (Leaping into the air): Race you there!
Ben: You're on!
(Ben and Connor swing off towards towards the remains of Ben’s dwelling, never noticing the cloaked figure watching them from a rooftop)
Cloaked figure: Soon Mr. Reilly... Soon...

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment